Date: 15 September 2009
Venue: Etihad Stadium, 740 Bourke Street, Docklands, Victoria
Prevention is better than cure. A cliché perhaps but it is certainly true.
Also true is that when an injury does occur, the healing process can be complex.
This conference will provide innovative and interesting ideas and methods to advance the prevention of, and the recovery from workplace injuries in Victoria.
The Self Insurers Association of Victoria is pleased to offer this conference to members and others in the belief that both prevention and injury management practitioners will benefit from their attendance.
For more information, please contact Darren Mickan on 08 8352 6466 or email email@example.com.
Presentations for conference delegates
- International Best Practice in Job
Stress Interventions: What Does the
Evidence Tell Us to Do? [504KB]
Associate Professor Anthony LaMontagne, McCaughey Centre, VicHealth, Centre for the Promotion of Mental Health and Community Wellbeing, University of Melbourne
- Understanding the Generation Gap – Multi-generational Management [No presentation used]
Derek Linsell, Founder, Apricot Consulting
10:55am - Information sessions
- Occupational Rehabilitation Reform [3.0MB]
Mark Raberger, Manager, Return to Work Division, WorkSafe Victoria
- Practitioner Networks for Injury Treatment: Bridging a Gap in Injury Management Programs [Presentation unavailable]
Anne Cherry, Director, InjuryNET Australia Pty Ltd
- What Went Wrong – A Case Study
in a Damaging Incident [7.0MB]
Neville Betts, Chartered Fellow, Safety Institute of Australia
- Dealing with Aggressive Customers: A Review of Best Practice [Presentation unavailable]
Professor Duncan Chappell, Former Director, Australian Institute of Criminology
- The Effect on Self Insurers of Legislative Change to the Accident Compensation Act [417KB]
James Johnson, Partner, Sparke Helmore Lawyers
- Self-insurer Priorities for Putting a Vocational Focus Back into
Rehabilitation: Workplace Based
Social Support Initiatives [236KB]
Associate Professor Greg Murphy, BA, MA, DipEd Melb, PhD Monash,
MAPS School of Public Health, La Trobe University
- Pandemics and the Workplace [Presentation unavailable]
Athol Yates, Executive Director, Australian Security Research Centre
- Influencing Managers to Maximise
Injury Management Outcomes [1.1MB]
Dr Melissa Lehmann, BA (Hons – Psych) Grad Cert Ed PhD
National Operations Manager – Psychology, Clinical and Organisational Psychologist,